Construction and real estate disputes
What we do?
- We represent clients in construction and real estate dispute court proceedings;
- We represent clients in construction public procurement disputes in the Procurement Monitoring Bureau and courts;
- Assess case law and cases of the Procurement Monitoring Bureau, provide opinions;
- Prepare high-quality litigation and procedural documents;
- Provide consultations;
- Organise the necessary examinations;
- Conduct settlement negotiations;
- Help to ensure the enforcement of judgments.
Construction disputes in which we represent clients:
- On the failure to fulfil agreements;
- On defects, reasons for such;
- On warranty obligations;
- On the indemnification of damages;
- On causing damage;
- In public procurement disputes.
In what real estate disputes do we represent clients?
- In disputes on the division of joint property;
- In disputes of title;
- In disputes of redemption and preemptive rights;
- In disputes of servitudes and real charges;
- In disputes of rent and lease payment;
- In cases for the indemnification of damage caused due to a fire, flooding of property, collapsing of buildings and their elements, defects to property.
- Representation of a local government agency in litigation against a company on defects of a bridge across the River Gauja.
- Representation in a dispute over land boundaries.
- Representation of a company in litigation on debt recovery against a customer on an outstanding payment for construction works.
- Representation of a company in litigation in respect of the collapsing of warehouse buildings due to snow load and the indemnification of damages.
- Representation in a real division dispute of the joint property in Jūrmala.
- Representation in litigation on construction defects of a building, flooding of an apartment and recovery of damages.
- Representation of more than a hundred private persons in litigation against a landowner in exercising the right of purchase and land under a multi-apartment building.
- Bringing an action in the European Court of Human Rights on the violation of the right to property.
- Representation in a dispute on the forced disposal of real estate for state needs.
- Representation in a dispute on establishing a road servitude between estates in Riga.
- Representation in litigation on establishing a fee for forced land lease.
- Representation of the owner in litigation against SIA Lattelecom on the indemnification of necessary expenses of the telecommunication servitude space.
- Representation in litigation on the termination of joint property, real division of a house and payment of compensation.
- Representation in litigation on the recovery of damages from the inheritance aggregation in respect of a collapsed building.
- Representation of a congregation in a dispute with the Latvian Evangelical Lutheran Church on the title to a church building.
- Representation of the building owner in litigation on the increase of rent for lessees.